Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day40 The deeper the trouble, the more glorious the victory

Exodus 6-8
YHWH....has a cunning plan! A way to dispel any doubt that there is only one King and that the Pharaoh isn't it!

God not only trains Moses and Aaron to lead, he begins to teach the Israelites,(if they are watching and paying attention!)that HE listens and sees the plight of his people, and last but not least Pharaoh will get YHWH's full attention.

It reminds me of Proverbs 19:25
Flog a mocker, and the simple will learn prudence; rebuke a discerning man, and he will gain knowledge.

We can all learn from another's experience.
Siobhan

1 comment:

  1. I love the whole Exodus story and how God shows Himself in the midst of it all. I have seen that in my own life over and over again but I find myself just like the Children of Israel doubting and turning away from God. Recently I realized that I do it from lack of trust that comes from not really understanding who He is. I think when we realize who God really is and that He wants good things for us, then we can trust Him no matter what comes our way. The Children of Israel had a tweaked concept of who their God really was and so often slipped away accordingly. Jesus really helped to clarify the faulty image. :o)

    ReplyDelete