Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 34 With friends like these ...Zophar

Job 11 Zophar speaks as if he represents God. V5 "That He would open his lips against you" What is this guy on? Who would want God being against anyone of our friends
Zophar clearly doesn't have a sense of the awe of the Almighty in a practical and real way. I must admit, I have no true understanding of what he's getting at. Job does have a great retort in 12V2 "You,are the people,and wisdom will die with you!"

Is this a drama to understand the meaning of suffering or where to find wisdom?

His friends are not addressing Jobs distress and helping him find ways to relieve it but are piling on more arguments to find deeper fault with him.
Siobhan

2 comments:

  1. In one of my other readings through Job some years ago, I marked the false teachings of each of his friends. It was very enlightening because I have heard some of the same arguments made in our modern teachings.

    Shirley Fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read that if you still have it. It was probably before blogging became part of your life. I didn't always follow what the friends we getting at so having another's eyes would be helpful. Siobhan

    ReplyDelete