Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 54 Bread of Presence & Column of Cloud

Ex 33v 14 The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

This is the central theme to Exodus, all the materials, all the symbols, all the rituals, invited his people into the presence of HIS presence.

If YHWH is not with us we are the most miserable of all peoples. But if HE is with us why are we downhearted? sometimes on the verge of giving up? demanding to know answers beyond our understanding?

Imagine being in a room full of fog! what can you see?
Do you think we would be keener to listen to noise?

What does God asks us to do?
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Where did YHWH choose to reveal his glory? in the "column of cloud" - fog.

Let us live like Joshua, who didn't mind living in the fog of HIS presence.
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment