Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 51 Exodus 25-31 From Slavery to the Sacred

The Exodus begins with slavery to building storage containers, two towns Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh. Ex 1:11 and ends with making a sanctuary for the presence of the living GOD.

Would this parable resonated with Jesus's discples?
Luke 12: 16-21 And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

It is you, Lord
Who came to save
The heart and soul
Of every man
It is you Lord
who knows my weakness
Who gives me strength,
With thine own hand.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I'll be a living
Sanctuary for you

Lead Me on Lord
From temptation
Purify me
From within
Fill my heart with
You holy spirit
Take away all my sin

Lord prepare me to be sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and pure
With thanksgiving, I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You

Enjoy the presence of your daily Bread.
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment