Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 88 Proverbs 8 Wealth and Wisdom

Wealth and Wisdom, wouldn't it be nice if we could experience them together all the time? Thankfully, James teaches us that there are two kinds of wisdom and we attempt to get it right, but as disciples we are just learning what wisdom looks like "in the moment". The more we reflect on aspects of being wise, then, when we need it, our brain having been washed by the word, brings the answer we need at the right time. Of course then we need the power, love and sound mind/self discipline of the Holy Spirit, that Timothy talks about to put it in action. It's not simple that's for sure.

But wouldn't it be nice! Well, it's here for the asking!
Verse 17-18 "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.With me are riches and honor,enduring wealth and prosperity".
The country may be going into a deep economic recession but I am reminded that God's word holds true irrespective of the ebb and flow of the value of the dollar, we have to ensure that we value what God values.
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment