Luke 12 talks about a Retirement Portfolio Planning & Preparation, really long range planning! "Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning". Here are 10 aspects to our retirement portfolio from the Luke 12 Scripture. If we live like this, then our mind, heart and hands are storing up riches in heaven.
Points to remember...Get Ready!
1. Luke:12 2&3 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
2. Luke12:4&5 "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell.
3. Luke 12:8 "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.
4. Luke 12:15 "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions."
5. Luke 12:22;29-31 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.... And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
6. Luke 12:33b&34 Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Get Set! Getting dressed to serve.
7. Luke 12:35 "Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning,
8. Luke 12:37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.
9. Luke 12:42-44 "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
10. Luke 12:48 "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked".
Get Ready, Get Set, Go Serve!..
Today, I am getting ready for a party at home tonight in honor of Conor coming home for Easter. Declan & Tony (Talent & Wallet) are putting on a magic show and we have about 10 guests plus ourselves. Talent & Wallet have been practicing Daniel has been putting the music together and I have been buying food and baking yesterday. A lot of activity is going into preparation for a couple of hours entertainment, we are all excited about it and happy to do it. It has been on our minds one way one way or another for about six weeks. I can't imagine doing this on a regular basis, yet that is what we are called to do, be planning, be prepared, be dressed and ready to serve at a moments notice.
Minds, Brains, Souls, and Gods: A Conversation of Faith, Psychology and Neuroscience – Part 8, Chapter 14: Does God Guide and Direct Us? - Minds, Brains, Souls, and Gods: A Conversation of Faith, Psychology and Neuroscience – Part 8, Chapter 14: Does God Guide and Direct Us? We continue the se...
19 hours ago