Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 61 Psalm 28 Hands

v 1 To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me.
v2 Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.
The image is vivid, the distraught person with raised hands imploring the heavens to help them in their plight.

V 4Repay them for their deeds and for their evil work;repay them for what their hands have done and bring back on them what they deserve.

V5 Because they have no regard for the deeds of the LORD and what his hands have done, he will tear them down and never build them up again.

V 9 Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

I like the way the Psalm moves from the distress and distraught, then the focus on the dispenser of justice and discipline to being resolved in a dependent relationship on the good Shepherd.
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment