Wednesday, August 5, 2009

day 217 Resolved to know one thing

1cor 2:2 For "I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power".

There is wisdom in knowing what is the main point to get across to people when talking about God. Paul resolved to know nothing except, "Jesus Christ and him crucified". We can get distracted so easily from the main message of the Good News.

The Good News is that God became man and dwelt among us. YHWH wanted to be so close to his people - us that he became like one of us. "God with us" still brings a lump to my throat in gratitude to a Creator who loves us that much to die for us as well as giving up everything to become one of us. The theology of it all is too complex to ensure accuracy in explanation so I raise my hands, not in exasperation at the mysterious triune nautre of God but in thankfullness and He seen our plight and came for us.

May we keep the main thing the main thing! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment