Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 172 Street wise discernment. The good, bad and ugly of life

Here are some of proverbial insights on the wise, the foolish and the mockers in life.
By their fruits you shall know them. What do I see when I look in the mirror of Truth?

Proverbs 14:
What do I hide in my life? is my life transparent? am I thoughtful when I make decisions?
"The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception".

When I mess up do I truly make amends for the wrong?
"Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright".

Do I "fly off the handle" and strut off in moral self righteous anger?
The wise fear the LORD and shun evil, but a fool is hotheaded and yet feels secure.

When we look back at our childhood did we heed our parents correction, what did they need to do to gain our attention. Was a look sufficient, a conversation or a beating? Did they care enough to teach?
"A fool spurns a parent's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence".
"Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but those who heed correction gain understanding".

Proverbs 15
The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.
The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.
The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Folly brings joy to those who have no sense,
but those who have understanding keep a straight course.
Mockers resent correction, so they avoid the wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment