Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 153 Jesus asks..Do you love me?

John 21:1-25 Jesus makes breakfast.....and "when they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." 17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

Three responses, when Peter tell Jesus he loves him.
  • Feed my lambs
  • Take care of my sheep
  • Feed my sheep
Making Breakfast for Believers.... how do we do this in our spiritual communities?

Its interesting that Jesus didn't give instructions to take care of the lambs, just feed them.. sheep on the other hand, need care and feeding. Maybe lambs stay closer to the Shepherd and sheep are prone to wandering. Also we are told that Jesus goes after the lost sheep and maybe some one needs to look after the 99 in the pen fold!

I am about to go to visit a new "lamb" in Christ. Steve became a Christian on mothers day week end. I hope to prepare him a "Breakfast" a short book on Brother Lawrence and maybe to study the gospel of John for the next 6 weeks while he recovers from surgery.
This was a good reading for this morning for me...to 'spur me onto love and good works".

Have a great blessed day on God's pastureland.
Siobhan

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. It is fun to think of Jesus cooking breakfast for guests.

    Your spiritual application was excellent
    Shirley Fay

    ReplyDelete