Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6 Canaan, a curiosity

The promised land, Canaan, the land of milk and honey began with being cursed.

The behavior leading to the curse was when Ham seen his father's nakedness. (As we seen in the creation story, nakedness and shame go hand in hand). Noah cursed his grandchild, Hams child Canaan. then we read of the industriousness of Hams generations which include, Babel, Babylon, Sodom and Gomorrah(Gen 10:6ff). Key names that sum up lasciviousness, greed, pride and oppression.

Abram an ancestor of Shem, is called by God to leave his country, his people and fathers household to Canaan. But he brought more than God wanted him to be burdened with. Maybe God knew that the famine was going to strike and Abram may not have needed to go to Egypt if his household was smaller. Then we have Lot and his family needing to be rescued, twice. Maybe Abram didn't have to have the chaos in his life, and to go through the embarrassments with Sarai but he brought it on by adding to God's directions. Don't you think that sometimes we do the same?

Siobhan

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am in agreement with you on that Siobhan we do load up the buckboard of our lives, harness the horses and say geddi up and hopefully we think God has climed aboard. I have gone to egypt some trips myself. I am so thankful he never leaves me there and through the years I have gotten some better about checking in on what the Lord would have me do and the path and journey he has for me to follow. Follow is the key word, Follow His leading and sometimes its hard cause God's ways are not man's way but it is the always the right way in the end of the day. And we are always blessed so much for following His choice for our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Sioban forgot to sign my name also put todays comment oops on day 4. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. YHWH Sister said...
    Gen 12:11 I know that you are a beautiful woman to look upon.
    Hey that's saying a lot to your wife when whe's sixty_five years old. Abraham lived to be over one hundred and sixty. So at sixty -five your'e really not that old yet in those times
    v-12:12 Therefore when it came to pass, when the Egyptians will see you, they will say, this is his wife: and they will kill me, and keep you alive
    v-12:13 I pray that you'll tell them that you are my sister: that it might be well with me for thy sake: and my soul shall live because of thee. "Would not brag on that prayer"
    Abraham a man of faith that is what the word says Heb 11: 8-19
    Hey this is our great man of faith, Abraham you see even great men of faith have there weaknesses and their moment's now that encourages me for some silly reason because I also have my moment of weaknesses, but I have the concept that when I get weak, God says "All right, thats it, you had your chance" You know wipe out, but not so God continued to honor Abraham. God doesn't use perfect people because they don't exist. So don't worry that youre not perfect. God used Abraham though he had lapes of faith, just like we have our lapes of faith. Diana

    January 6, 2009 1:21 PM I moved this comment I put on day 4 by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing to note that God blessed Abraham even out of his rebellion. He also suffered greatly because of his rebellion. Hagar most likely joined them in their journey through Egypt. What a mess we still see in the news today because of their rebellion.

    If we could see what will happen in the future because of our disobedience and lack of faith we would more than likely make a different choice.
    shirley Fay

    ReplyDelete