Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30 the specifics of Prayer

Matt 20:29-34
Two blind men push through crowds asking the Son of David for Mercy.
They were determined to be heard above the crowds. They had a proper measure of themselves before Jesus in asking for mercy. Although it was an attention getter, Jesus needed a little more specific information on what they needed.

I know that I have used the prayer of "Lord have mercy on us" in a crises and later when I could think straight, talk to Jesus about the specifics of what was needed. It is comforting to know that when we pray, Jesus has compassion on us also and then he touches our lives.Also when we receive clarity from God, like the two blind men, we need to follow HIM. Siobhan

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes all we can do is cry out "Jesus" and he always hears us He does not need us to tell Him what to do for us. When we are hurting we cannot even see clearly as the blind men were and it is comforting to know at these times our Lord hears our heart that is crying out to Him and He interceeds to the Father on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high Job 16:13-19
    Ok just catching this part of the scripture.
    Okay, "God is my witness," is what he is saying. "My record is on high. God has the records, my witness is there in heaven. I'm not even going to try to justify myself before you guys. Think what you will of me. God knows the truth."
    It's comforting when we are misunderstood by others. Totally misunderstood sometimes. Our motivations are misread by others. Many times we are accused of things of which we are not at all guilty. Someone has totally misread our thought, our ideas, our motivations. They've imputed wicked, evil motivations to us when they weren't there. But my witness is in heaven; God knows the truth about me. And that's to me a comfort. That God keeps the books. He knows the truth. He knows what's in my heart. He keeps the records.
    My friends scorn me: but my eye pours out tears unto God. Oh that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleads for his neighbor! Job 16:20-21
    "Oh, that you'd intercede for me, that you'd pray for me." I wonder why they hadn't thought of that. Here their friend's in trouble, why didn't they come and pray, intercede for the guy? As one intercedes for his friends, instead of just heaping all kinds of abuse upon him. As the Lord has to keep reminding me the most important thing you can do for a friend in a hard place is to pray for them and put their situation in His hands. It is interesting your sharing on the two blind men I am thinking of prayer today in the scriptures in Job and Matthew.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the length, my brain works in overtime sometimes, it's hard for me to brief. Diana

    ReplyDelete