Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 301 Lamantations "she did not consider her future"

"she did not consider her future" What an insightful sentence. Jeremiah sees the destruction about to happen to Israel, he was the only voice of reason amongst others who were stuck in their own idea of how life was to play out.

The Babylonians were going to overrun them as a nation but the leaders and prophets of the day would not hear of it.

All it takes to get an appraisal of our lives is to "consider our future"
The obstacles and half truths that we believe today can keep us locked down and stagnant for tomorrow.

There was a time in my life when I didn't make a decision to act for my best interest until others made their decisions first. I remember my aunt asking me "what gave me the right to let others take the responsibility for my life decisions" I was responsible for living my life no one else. It was a nugget of wisdom that still shines through all these years later. Its still a struggle to put my self interest on a equal footing with the interests of others. We can only obey the scripture to put the interests of others above ourselves when we first love them as we love ourselves. We can only truly give away or surrender what we truly know to be ours in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment