Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 285 Psalm 119 "You are my witnesses,that I am God".

5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.

Psalm 119 is my most treasured piece of scripture. I reckon if I breathe the principles outlined here, the word will change my heart from the inside out and I would understand more of YHWH's character.

God's Word promises a straight path, and a strong spine to walk that path!
He shows us that his commands sets our hearts free. All other allegiances are brought to naught as we learn that our only audience can only be an audience of "one".
I really like verse 7 We can praise Him as we learn more about Him. Our learning is ongoing as our "new self is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator" Col 3:9-10 Very powerful words, I have no idea how deep is the chasm of knowledge or the heights to that knowledge ascends. Like YHWH says "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God". (Isaiah 43;12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you.You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.)

The incredible awareness that we can actually know YHWH is out of this world.
I stand as one who can praise YHWH for who He is and what He does without understanding how or why he does what he does. I enjoy the benefits of His Character; his faithfulness, grace and mercy and kneel before his sovereignty.

Praise to the God of the Incredible, who has compassion on all He has made, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Aman.
    Praise God of the mysteries of life
    Praise God who holds secrets from the world
    and reveals them to his children.
    Praise God who hides his children in his hands so that he defeats their enemies
    Praise God who exposes his children to pain and suffering that they may learn to lean on him
    Praise God who return a million fold back to the one who suffers for his name sake
    Praise God who is just and faithful, who does not discriminate
    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete