Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 Emotions rule if we don't rule over them.

I wonder what triggered Cain, sure he was sullen and downcast at his offering being rejected by God, who wouldn't be?

God probes deeper into Cain and sees that his being downcast will give birth to death of another. The warning is that it desires to lay hold on him, "but you must rule over it" is the warning. He has the capacity to overcome it before it consumes him. I am reminded of two prayers in Psalms.

Psalm 19:13
"Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression".

Psalm 119: 133
"Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me".

I must admit, I could be a little cheerier today, I do have alot to be grateful for and I appreciate my family and all the aspects of life that are going well. but I am a little disgruntled today. I have tried to pull myself up by my bootstraps, but I got a sore back - that didn't work! one way or another I must "rule over" this state of being or the "Shalom" of the house will begin to break down.

Maybe all that's needed is a 20 min. nap and wake up renewed! A new attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment