Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 246 Weapons of Righteousness

2 cor 6:7 "weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left"

2 Cor 10: 3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Strongholds are arguments and pretensions umm. does this translate to - what we rationalize in our lives against our better (godly) judgment; when we want to get our own way on an issue that takes the knowledge of God out of the picture.

I've heard many aspects of "strongholds" that we may have in our lives. This scripture says it begins with what and how we think.


2 Samuel 23:2-4 This is a good picture of what it looks like when we are being the stewards of the resources, supplies and support that we distribute in our lives.

2 "The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me;
his word was on my tongue.

3 The God of Israel spoke,
the Rock of Israel said to me:
'When one rules over men in righteousness,
when he rules in the fear of God,

4 he is like the light of morning at sunrise
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings the grass from the earth.
'

Do I bring clarity of purpose, hope and the draw out the same faithfulness that God brings to us each morning. If I am dull of mind, my weapon of righteousness is blunt and I need to sharpen my mind and straighten up my backbone!

No comments:

Post a Comment